Selby Rugby Union Football Club
Job Title: Bar Manager
Location: Selby RUFC, Sandhill Lane, Selby
Salary: Negotiable with performance related bonuses
Reporting to: Facilities Director and Operations Director
Selby RUFC are looking for a proactive and hands-on Bar Manager who will take sole responsibility for the efficient and profitable running of the clubhouse bar. We are a Member’s club who are dedicated to providing a great experience to everyone in the community who use our services and we see this role as critical in maintaining a welcoming and first class experience in the clubhouse.
- Set service standards in the clubhouse, delivering a friendly, courteous and proactive bar service to all Club members and visitors.
- Regularly review processes and procedures, to ensure continual service improvement.
- Liaise with Catering staff in relation to all Club or private functions, to ensure delivery of exceptional service and food.
- Work with Social Committee to organise and promote clubhouse events.
- Ensure standards are maintained within the clubhouse including cleaning, security and repairs and maintenance.
- Cellar and Bar
- Manage the cellar and maintain bar stocks, ordering stocks ensuring timely delivery and taking advantage of offers and promotions.
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment is kept up to date and regular line cleaning is undertaken to uphold the quality of the drinks provided.
- Ensuring that stocks are available for inspection by the Club’s stock taker on a regular basis.
- Create and maintain an active action plan to ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements. Ensure that Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed in the Clubhouse and that staff have appropriate training on these procedures.
- Manage the clubhouse bar staff, including staffing levels, recruitment, training, performance, discipline and annual reviews.
- Organise staff rotas to ensure suitable staff cover is present at all times.
- Ensure that we continue to utilise the youth academy as a pipeline for recruitment, also providing development opportunities for our youth members.
Admin and Finance
- Ensure correct use of EPOS system and accurate recording of stock and sales.
- Responsibility for weekly banking.
- Meet performance related KPIs including Sales, Gross Profit Margin and Wastage levels.
- Review staff time sheets and approve hours for payroll processing.
Additional tasks requested by the Board.
- Work alongside other key employers of the Club.
- This role will require regular working hours at weekends.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years experience working in hospitality.
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- Strong in financial management and IT skills.
- Knowledge of bar and cellar management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personal licence holder.
Whilst the club has seasonal demands and peaks, largely around the rugby calendar (September-May), the Clubhouse is open all year round. The Bar Manager would be expected to balance their time engaged in the bar manager customer facing role and administration and to have a physical club presence across all weekends during the rugby season, except for planned/agreed absences.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Apply with CV to Facilities Director, Leigh Adamson, firstname.lastname@example.org