Hi there everyone
A bit of prior notice. We will be starting our preparation for the 2018/19 season on Tuesday 26th June 2018 at 7pm sharp.
This year we want to start as we mean to go on following on from the terrific end to last season. I am pleased to say our coaching team will consist of myself, Richard Nicholson, Jacob Robinson, Simon Humberstone, Jason Cicero, Ian Marlow (oh yes boys) Hayley Brady and Nick Wright - so between us we have four RFU Level 3 coaches and three RFU Level 2 coaches - how many other Level 7 clubs have this at their disposal?
This year we want to continue the 'We are all in this together' theme, 'Selby boys playing for Selby'. We have some exciting plans, we want to continue our fantastic team spirit and camaraderie that we generated in the second half of last season.
The sessions will be fun and challenging and we want as many people attending as possible of all ages and ability. We especially want to see players returning to play who have had a little time off. Our 1st team is only as good as the strength and depth of the other teams in the club. Please come along and help us generate our great club unity. Even if you are not bothered about playing, come along and help yourself get fitter and improve your skill base.
I cannot wait to work with you guys again. Please see below some key training dates for your diaries and keep an eye on our website and social media channels for regular updates.
We have new Captains in place who are keen and eager to get going so please let me know if you want to be part of this revolution.
Yours in Rugby
Updated 16:45 - 13 Jun 2018 by Karen Ratcliffe
- Pre-season training to commence on Tuesday 26th June 2018 - start time is 7pm ready on the pitch. Warm up 15 mins and the sessions will be 1 hour long.
- Thursday 28th June 2018 - World Cup Training Night - Training commences at 6PM, session 45 mins long followed by England v Belgium in the bar with Chilli & Rice (to buy)
- Saturday morning - Brayton Barff runs - commencing 30th June 2018 - Join our new Captain and Coaches for a non compulsory additional fitness session running around Brayton Barff (including some hill work) commencing at 9.30am for 45-50 minutes
- Tuesday 3rd July- Potential World Cup Training Night (if England are runners up in group) commencing at 600pm followed by Curry & Rice. If England win the group training will be 7pm
- Tuesday 10th July 2018 - Potential World Cup training night
- Tuesday 14th August 2018 - Inter club conditioned games
- Pre-season game - Saturday 18th August 2018 v Goole (a)
- Coaching will be varied. Will combine fitness based games, skill based drills , unit and team coordination.
- Scrum practice and line out work to start before some sessions.